This course provides a blueprint for couples to integrate individual recovery and wellness into a relationship recovery. Four different types of interactions: My Recovery, Your Recovery, Couple Recovery, and Rituals of Connection, help couples establish healthy boundaries that support both their individual recoveries as well as the relationship recovery.
This communication tool has been taught to therapists and counselors in Dr. Navarra’s Couples and Addiction Recovery Training class, and is in the interventions in Dr. Navarra’s couples workshop, Roadmap for the Journey: A Path for Couple Recovery
Please note that access to this class is provided for 60 days from the registration date. If you need more time or want to take this class again you will need to register again at the current cost, and you can pick up again where you left off, or review the lessons you would like to see again.
To maximize benefit from the class students are strongly encouraged to use the card deck set, but it is possible to take this course without using the card deck set. There are four card decks, each deck containing 60 suggestions to select from for completing each of the exercises.
- couplerecovery.org: Blog, information and resources
- Roadmap for the Journey: A Path for Couple Recovery: Live online workshop for recovering couples
- Recovering Couples Anonymous (RCA): 12-step mutual aid group fellowship for recovering couples
- Gottman Referral Network (Couple Therapy): Link to Gottman trained couples therapists
For Professionals Only:
Couples and Addiction Recovery Training is hosted by the Gottman Institute: A 6.5 hour on demand class training for professionals on treating addictions within couple and family systems, with lifetime access. Alongside learning the powerful interventions and tools, you’ll learn how to help couples develop a couple recovery through increasing communication and understanding, establishing boundaries, and healing from the impact of addiction and recovery.
- Online Course Only ($149.00) CEUs not available
- Online Course and 90-min Q & A Package with Dr. Navarra ($225.00) 8 CEUs available
- Live training for students who have already completed the course Students are eligible to take the 90-minute live training ($75.00) as many times as they like, and may be eligible for 8 CEUs if course completion and live training fall within CEU deadline dates for continued licensure or certification.
Students who complete the online course and also attend the live 90-minute training with Q & A and case consultation have the option to receive 8 CEUs ($40.00) paid to R. Cassidy after receiving a link from Dr. Navarra.
Live training is offered on the 3rd Friday of every month 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Pacific time. Students may attend the monthly live training as many times as they like at $75.00/training session.